The objective of this Programme Support Action (PSA) is to assist Member States with the implementation of Article 7.3 of the Directive. Member States shall provide information on fuel prices to allow consumers to compare between the fuel/running costs of vehicles with different fuels in a common unit. For that purpose the method of “euros/national currencies per 100km” will be applied, as established in the Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2018/732 of 17 May 2018.
The aims of this Programme Support Action (PSA) are:
- to support a consistent implementation of the provisions of Article 7.3 of the Directive in the Member States;
- to define the format, contents and location of the information to be displayed at the filling stations on the basis of the methodology adopted by the Commission Implementing Regulation;
- to carry out pilot actions to assess consumer understanding / feedback / behaviour concerning the format, contents and location of the information to be displayed at the filling stations on fuel prices for comparison and to provide recommendations / guidelines for a harmonized implementation of Article 7.3 of the Directive. The recommendations will be presented to the Commission, for further discussion with the Member States and coherent application in all Member States;
- to support Member States in making information available to consumer at the filling / charging stations and also via digital tools (such as for example, a dedicated website and / or user application ) to ensure consumers / users can make a straightforward comparison between the fuel costs of vehicles with different fuel types. The portal / app shall be connected to the relevant filling stations to transmit the updated fuel prices;
- to inform and raise awareness of alternative fuel suppliers, media and consumers on the methodology described in the Commission Implementing Regulation.
under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF)